subtitle


A helpful place for SXU Communication majors

Friday, November 19, 2010

A free alternative to Adobe Photoshop: Photo Pos Pro


Whenever I need to download or search for software, I always go directly to download.com. As part of a project for a class, I needed an image editing program because paint just wasn't cutting it. I figured that since I'll probably be using this program for other things besides this project, I decided that I'd buy Adobe Photoshop because I've used it before.

Well, the original version is $699 and not free to try while the extended version was $999 but free to try. I changed my mind about purchasing it.

I browsed the Image Editing Software for cheap alternatives, preferably free. The top five are shown first and Adobe Photoshop Extended is the only one that costs money, ranked #3.

I downloaded the top two downloaded, PhotoScape and IrfanView, to try them out and neither were advanced. Maybe I wasn't using it right because I was unfamiliar with it. I uninstalled them and went right to the fifth ranked, since the fourth's, FastStone Image Viewer, description didn't sound like what I was looking for.

The fifth was Photo Pos Pro. Instead of downloading it right away, I went to the website to view screenshots and it looked close to what Photoshop is, so I downloaded it. I was very, very pleased because the set up and tools are pretty much identical to Photoshop's. It's easy to work with once you get the hang of it.

So if you use/used Photoshop, don't have the software, want the software, and don't want to spend a small fortune, I highly recommend Photo Pos Pro. It does everything that Photoshop does... and for free!

More information about Photo Pos Pro and download can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment